Soak In The Culture.
Historic downtown Charleston is like a world all its own. One that combines modern sophistication with a treasured past. A city that is rooted in its rich history and southern colonial charm, yet boasts a thriving arts and cultural scene, Charleston is a unique experience just waiting for you discover. And it’s only nine miles away from the Tides Hotel. Come check it out!
Charleston Named "Best City In The US" By Condé Nast Traveler Four Years In a Row
The Charleston Lowcountry area includes Downtown Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Daniel Island, Johns Island, James Island, North Charleston, Folly Beach, West Ashley, Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, Kiawah and Seabrook.
With so many leisure and business travel options and local events, Charleston, SC has always been one of the country’s top destinations. Recently, Charleston got international attention after it was recognized by Condé Nast as the “Best City in the World” in 2012.
Charleston is rich in culture, it is home to the first theater and first ballet company museum, and musical organization. Charleston is home to the Spoleto Festival each year for the past 30 years and the MOJA African American Arts Festival, not to mention the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition.
Besides the historical significance, Charleston offers some great attractions, beautiful landscapes and elegant architecture. Stroll through 330 years of fascinating history and rich culture.
- Travel & Leisure Magazine’s #1 City in the US & Canada, 2014
- Condé Nast readers voted Charleston as the Best City in the United States, 2014
- For the sixteenth consecutive year, readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine honored Charleston as a Top 10 travel destination in the US. Charleston was honored with a No. 1 slot.
- Condé Nast named Folly Beach the #4 Great American Beach Town.
- The Charleston Farmers Market was named the 5th best Farmers Market in the nation.
- National Geographic Adventure Magazine names Charleston one of the Top 50 Places to Live + Play.